University of Maryland Baltimore County
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic impacting the University community, the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) needed to quickly shift over 13,000 students to virtual classrooms as well as create on-line operational services for over 8,000 employees to ensure business continuity.
UMBC leveraged Cisco Collaboration Solutions to facilitate learning from home and as the primary channel for people to collaborate on University operations. The Cisco team engaged with LIFT to deliver the necessary tools for UMBC to rapidly implement and rollout the Webex solution to faculty, staff, and students.
- Successful deployment of virtual classroom in 1 week
- Faculty and Staff are utilizing Cisco collaboration tools in alignment with UMBC standards
- 10% increase, greater user satisfaction with more stable and predictable use of collaboration tools for meetings and events
- Increased Stability and Use of full suite to include secure mobile access
- 25% growth in number of virtual meetings held as a result of the adoption of the tools
“With the help of Cisco and LIFT, UMBC has created a plan to execute the orientation advising model virtually.”
Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Advising and Student Success, University of Maryland, Baltimore Campus
The University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) is a public research university. Established as a part of the University of Maryland System in 1966, the university became the first public college or university in Maryland to be inclusive of all races. UMBC has the fourth highest enrollment of the University System of Maryland with 13, 600 students enrolled during the 2019 school year. The university is divided into three colleges, three schools, as well as its graduate school.