COVID-19 presented Salesforce with a unique and challenging opportunity to completely re-imagine their events. With a long track record of successful, and engaging events – primarily known for networking opportunities – Salesforce had to rapidly answer 3 key questions:
1) What do users expect from a virtual event?
2) How can we make sure we deliver a superior experience – both in technology and content?
3) How do we capture and re-create that Salesforce Event Magic?
Due to the need for rapid deployment, Salesforce engaged LIFT to conduct a series of agile in-depth interviews to evaluate the TrailheaDX prototype. LIFT recruited participants who matched the audience persona and conducted UX interviews to evaluate the prototype for discoverability, navigation, and intuitiveness. These interviews resulted in actionable next steps for the Salesforce UX Team to optimize the virtual event and deliver a superior experience, complete with Salesforce Event Magic.
LIFT executed this research, start to finish, in just 5 days.
- 23 positive user experiences identified with +90% of panelists reporting a great user experience.
- 28 user experience improvements identified generating 13 design optimization recommendations.
- 22 Salesforce stakeholders from 4 departments.
- 1 prototype evaluated with 3 distinct experiences (pre-event, during-event, post-event).
Salesforce is no longer just a CRM software company. Over the last several years, Salesforce has expanded into a wide variety of software and business intelligence tools. Beyond the SaaS offerings, Salesforce has become known worldwide for their industry events. Salesforce events are more than sales opportunities or tradeshows, they’re a complete experience. Salesforce hosts a variety of events throughout the year, culminating in Dreamforce, the largest software conference in the world.
“Users and analysts had a tremendously positive response to our rollout of TDX and we believe that the responsive, iterative approach [LIFT] took to the research was largely responsible for that. Thanks for your partnership!”
Senior Manager of UX